Monday 10 December 2012

Introducing- Marabella Photography & Design


Welcome to Marabella Photography & Design!

Hello lovely readers, I'm Fiona from Marabella Photography & Design. I live in the Rockingham area with my amazing husband and although we don't have children of our own yet, we do have lots of nieces, nephews, godchildren and friends' children whose birthday parties we are always attending! I love a good party and I particularly love seeing all the great themes and party ideas that are out there. I'm excited about being asked by Erin to contribute to the Chocolate Wrapped blog and looking forward to helping out with some party tips and tricks as well as working together with some great small businesses from Perth!


 

Marabella Photography & Design was established in 2009 after I'd spent a few years dabbling in photography as a creative outlet from my otherwise very academic career. I have always loved looking back through old photos from when I was young, but I had always wished there were even more photos and with the equipment we have these days there's no excuse not to! I really liked the idea of capturing special moments in life, whether it be a newborn in their first week of life, an amazing wedding day or a magical birthday party! After undertaking some training and lots of practice sessions I decided that I was ready to take on clients and the rest is history.
Photography can be a part of parties in many different ways, from including photos on the invitations, to having photos taken on the day and using them in thank you notes or displaying them as a memory of a great day! I've been lucky enough to have been involved in all these aspects of photography and you can see some of these images throughout this article.









Photographing childrens' parties came about after various friends commented that they'd put a lot of effort into organising a birthday party for their child whether it be the snacks, the decorations, the cake or entertainment and then had barely any photos at the end of the day to share with family and friends who couldn't be there! At the next few parties I attended I brought along my photography equipment and took some photos. I surprised the parents with them a few days afterwards, they were so relieved that there were photos of the day that they could use as a keepsake as well as share with their loved ones that they suggested I offer it as one of my services.

Through my blog articles I'm hoping to share with you some tips for increasing the quantity and quality of photos that you take at your child's party, as well as some great ideas on how to use your images after the event. Also, if you have any particular photography-related questions that you would like answered please don't hesitate to contact me at info@marabella.com.au so I share the answers in my articles.




No comments:

Post a Comment